Banners should comply with the following conditions:
- They must have the appropriate size for the required position, see offering advertisements.
- Using vulgarisms and other illegal or unethical elements is not allowed.
- Using sound (e.g. when moving the mouse and the sound is played) in banners is not allowed. The advertisement must not be overly aggressive in terms of quivering, flashing or rapid changing of colours and other elements, which might be disturbing for the users.
- Banners are not allowed to contain controlling elements of operating systems and are not allowed to look like system messages.
- In the case of advertising campaigns where the client chose to be represented by an agency, it is not our obligation to insert tracing codes which collect data from our website and forward them to third parties. If you wish to insert such code, it is necessary to implement it into your HTML 5 banner which is uploaded via iframe. Setting the link to the target page must be done directly in HTML. Sending us .txt or xls file with codes and links is not enough.
- Banners in Flash and HTML format must not burden the CPU excessively (e.g. by layers of images and animations). In order for the banner to load quickly, the recommended data limit is 500kB.
- If you want your banner to be shown on Apple devices as well, prepare also the JPG or GIF alternative. Flash banner is not supported by Apple devices with iOS operating system. Instead, a JPG or GIF banner is shown. What is more, GIF is the best format for an advertisement which is shown on all kinds of devices and smartphones.
- A banner in Flash format (SWF) must contain the definition of clickthru, so that the statistics of clicks and displays can be made. We do not modify SWF files or set links. They must either contain the definition of clickthru or have an embedded URL target address. However, flash banners are not supported by some browsers any more (Chrome, Safari). The user must have a flash player installed on your PC. This format is not supported by Apple devices either.
- For dynamic banners it is possible to use HTML 5 banners or video banners – see the table below.
The possible advertising formats at Motorkari.cz
|webm, mp4, ogg||Flash (SWF)||HTML 5|
|Description||A simple static image with one slide into which an image and texts||
GIF is the most used format and allows simple animations consisting of several slides. Images and texts can be inserted into them. See an example.
PNG uses lossless compression of images. It is appropriate for a static image.
|A new advertising video format which shows complex animations.||One of the first formats which showed complex animations. Unfortunately, flash is not supported by certain devices anymore and is gradually being abandoned.||A new format which shows complex animations on more slides. Unfortunately, it requires higher-performance processor of the user’s computer. It is more laborious to create, buggier and there are no specifications..|
|Example||Link to an example||Link to an example||Link to an example||Link to an example||Link to an example|
|Pros||It is appropriate for bigger static (not changing) ads||Playing animation is not demanding in terms of the computer’s performance||Format which displays complex animations and video||It is appropriate for complex animations||A new format which displays complex animations|
|It displays on all devices (web, phone, tablet, Apple)||It displays on all devices (web, phone, tablet, Apple)||We recommend mp4 format which can by played by all browsers||It displays on PC and Mac (iOS)|
|It does not bother the user like Flash or HTML 5 format||An appropriate format for most advertising messages|
|Cons||The banner cannot be animated in this format||It only displays 256 colours||webm is Google’s product so there is no support (mainly reverse) from Explorer or Apple. The browser||It requires Flash Player installed in the browser and the PC and is not supported by certain browsers (Chrome, Safari)||Sometimes it is more demanding for the processor of the computer|
|Longer animation might be too big a file (limit 500 kB) and is not appropriate for complex graphics||Ogg format only works in Chrome and Firefox||Complex animations burden the processor of the computer||It must be uploaded via iframe at Motorkari.cz and libraries Swiffy, JQuery must be downloaded|
|It is not displayed on smartphones and systems with Apple iOS = it is necessary to have another, alternative, format, e.g. JPG or GIF||Making the statistics of the banner (the number of clicks and displays) is not possible|
|Data limit||200 kB||500 kB||500 kB||500 kB||500 kB (it downloads also libraries and other files into the computer, so the file has over 1000 kB)|
|Internet Explorer||YES||YES||YES/ NO||YES||YES|
|Mobil, tablet||YES||YES||YES/ NO||NO (JPG or GIF must be supplied)||YES|
|Apple iOS||YES||YES||YES/ NO||NO (JPG or GIF must be supplied)||YES|
Frequently asked questions and recommendations for advertising formats
What types of banners would you recommend for and advertisement campaign?
Static JPG or animated GIF banners are the most effective ones. You can insert pictures and texts into banners and those can then rotate in slides. It is important to come up with an intelligible offer of your product or service which is not bothering for the user but catches their attention. The complete pricelist of banners is here.
Do you use Google AdWords?
No. At Motorkari.cz, we have our own advertising system where the customer chooses an advertisement format and position with duration (usually one month) according to the appropriate section. It is possible to use the text advertising system Motoclick where you only pay for clicking on your ad.
Are you able to display a banner in smartphones and tablets as well?
Yes. If you give us the banner in JPEG or GIF format, we are able to display it in mobile devices (smartphones, tablets). The whole web Motorkari.cz is in the responsive layout = it adapts to the size of the display of the device. Your format adjusts the size (gets smaller or bigger in order to fit right into the display and displays as a whole). We are not able to display ‘S’ position which is next to the layout of the page.
In the case of dynamic banners, it is possible to supply also HTML 5 format. However, it must be crated as responsive so that it gets smaller together with the page. The example of responsive HTML 5 banner is here.
Statistics and placement of tracking codes
Server Motorkari.cz has its own advertising system where we follow the statistics of the number of displays of an advertisement format and the number of clicks. After each campaign, we give the data to the customer (if the banner is in JPG, GIF or HTML 5). It contains the numbers of clicks and displays of the banner day by day. The example can be downloaded here.
In the case of advertising campaigns where the client chose to be represented by an agency, it is not our obligation to insert tracking codes which collect data from our website and forward them to third parties. If you wish to insert such code, it is necessary to implement it into your HTML 5 banner which is uploaded via iframe. Setting the link to the target page must be done directly in HTML. Sending us .txt or xls file with codes and links like <IMG SRC="https://ad.doubleclick.net/.... src='http://bs.serving-sys.com.. <IMG SRC="https://gdecz.hit.gemius.pl/ . is not enough. We do not upload such individual measuring codes on our website.